3 min read
Lead nurturing process
April 6, 2022
It can be tough convincing someone to buy something they don't know they need yet. That's where lead nurturing comes in. Through lead nurturing you can gradually convince potential customers that they need your product or service. By providing them with valuable content and building a relationship, they’ll be more inclined to buy from you when they're ready. Here's how to get started.
What is lead nurturing?
Lead nurturing is a process that helps you move potential customers through the buying cycle. You’re basically coaching leads through the buyer's journey with the end goal of making a purchase. It entails building relationships with your potential and current customers at every stage of the sales funnel.
The process starts with identifying people who are interested in your product or service and then providing them with information that will help them learn more about what you have to offer. You want to answer the questions they have at each stage of the journey. This way you're helping them solve problems on their journey towards buying. Being helpful and providing them with what they need will help them move onto the next stage. Through lead nurturing, you can build trust and credibility with potential buyers, which can eventually result in more sales. This process typically takes time, but it is well worth the effort in the long run.
How to create a lead nurturing process
On a high level, the lead nurturing process entails identifying potential leads and then sending them targeted content and supporting them throughout the buyer's journey.
The lead nurturing process can be broken down into four steps:
- Identification of potential leads
- Sending targeted content to your leads
- Building a relationship with your leads
- Converting leads into paying customers
1. Identification of potential leads
Potential leads can be identified through various methods such as subscribing to your company's newsletter, filling out a contact form on your website, or downloading a white paper or e-book from your website. We suggest starting with a lead capture form or chatbot on your website. This will allow you to gather information about your potential customers so that you can begin building that relationship right away. Once you have their contact info, it’s time to put those email marketing skills to work.
2. Sending targeted content to your leads
Send regular content updates that are relevant to their interests. The more helpful, valuable and interesting your content is, the higher the likelihood of conversion.
3. Building a relationship with your lead
Now it's time to start building a relationship with your potential leads. This is done by providing them with relevant and valuable content that helps them solve problems on their journey towards buying.
4. Converting leads into paying customers
The final step is converting your potential leads into paying customers. You can achieve this by continuing to send them content, as well as offering them incentives to buy such as discounts or free shipping. You can also encourage them to buy by providing testimonials from happy customers or case studies that demonstrate the value of your product.
The benefits of lead nurturing
You won't be able to immediately sell to all your leads. So what happens to those who didn't convert? You have already invested time and money in introducing them to your product or service. Having a lead nurturing strategy in place will help you to not leave any leads behind.
Lead nurturing affects decision making when it comes to buying. In other words, lead nurturing can help you convince leads to make the decision to buy. In this way, lead nurturing also increases your return on investment (ROI). And if utilized correctly, will result in more sales, increasing your bottom line.
Tips for effective lead nurturing
For your efforts to be effective, you need to customize the lead nurturing process flow to fit the needs of your business. Here are some general tips:
- Provide potential and current customers with valuable content that is relevant to their needs.
- Keep lead nurturing content fresh and engaging.
- Personalization during every interaction is key.
- Support leads through the buyer's journey and follow up with them regularly and timeously.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Customize the lead generation nurturing process to fit the needs of your business.
- Measure the success of your lead nurturing workflow so that you can improve on it.
- Always be prepared to adapt to changes in the market and needs of your potential and current customers.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest lead nurturing trends.
- Persevere with lead nurturing; it may take time but it is well worth the effort in the long run!
We hope that this article has helped to shed some light on the lead nurturing process and given you a few ideas about how you can improve your own efforts. Keep in mind that lead nurturing is an ongoing process, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different tactics to find what works best for your business. And most importantly, remember to always communicate with your leads!
Learn more about what we do at OnceHub here.