4 min read
ChatOnce building blocks: Questions
February 28, 2022
ChatOnce is part of OnceHub's lead acceleration platform. If you're looking to convert leads more quickly, then you've come to the right place!
Creating a smart chatbot to capture, qualify and engage with leads is very simple. Once you’ve planned what to say and ask, building your bot will only take a few minutes.
There are three types of building blocks, or interactions, that you can drag into your chatbot builder:
- Chatbot questions allow you to find out more about your website visitors. For example, you could ask qualifying questions about their team size, financial needs, or personal goals.
- Chatbot messages allow you to share links, documents, images, and videos with your website visitors. For example, you could share an ebook or video when a lead provides you with their details.
- Chatbot actions allow you to connect website visitors with your team. For example, you could invite qualified leads to chat live with your team or schedule a meeting. You can also use actions to send internal email alerts or update your CRM.
In this article we will help you understand what chatbot questions are and why to use them.
What are chatbot questions?
You can add the following type of questions to your bot:
- Text questions
- Single select
- Multi select
- Date & time
Text questions are open ended and allow the customer to answer in their own words. You might want to ask for a customer’s name, location, company name or website. Or you might want to understand what they need in their own words.
Single select lets you ask a question and suggest possible responses. The customer can only select one response. You can pick from quick options or list options for the style of the responses. For example:
Multi select works in the same way as single select, except the customer can select multiple responses.
The number action allows them to select or type a number. You can define a minimum and maximum amount. This is useful when you want to restrict them to answering with a digit e.g. to find out their company size or revenue.
Email requires your lead to enter a valid email address. If they enter an invalid email format, an error message will appear. You can also use conditional routing to reject emails with particular domains, eg. @gmail.com or @hotmail.com.
Phone requires your lead to enter their phone number. The bot will provide a list of international dialing codes to choose from. If the lead enters an invalid phone number format, it will show an error message.
Use the date, time or date & time interactions when you want the customer to provide a date and/or time. You can set the time frame. The bot provides a date or time format for them to fill out.
Answers to your questions can be saved as contact fields. The data is then saved to the customer’s contact profile in the OnceHub activity stream. This is useful for two reasons:
- You don’t have to ask the questions again in future interactions with the customer.
- If the bot recognizes them from a past interaction, you can use their contact fields to target the right audience (for instance, skip them entirely) and route the conversation efficiently. That way you can ensure a delightful interaction with your bot.
If you'd like to see ChatOnce in action, why not check out our range of ready-to-go chatbot templates?
Why should you use chatbot questions?
By asking smart chatbot questions, you’re creating a chatbot that is fun, engaging, and personalized for your visitors. Using smart questions is not only beneficial to your visitors. Instead of asking all website visitors the same generic questions, you can fine tune the information you capture. This way you can capture more quality leads.
Want to learn more about lead qualification? Check out our blog article on adding lead qualification to your website with ChatOnce.
How do I get started with ChatOnce?
If you're new to OnceHub, you can get started with a free Starter account. It's completely free for 3 users and also includes access to ScheduleOnce and FormOnce.
If you're an existing OnceHub user, you don't need to pay extra to start using ChatOnce! Your existing user licenses for live chat, instant meetings, or scheduled meetings will work across all our products. Why not get started with one of our ready-to-go templates?